Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's YOUR Motivation?

On my strenuous journey that I call life, I often find myself wondering, "What's my motivation?"



The majority of my life I've been a self motivator. Of course I'd have some outside support, but most of the time, it came from me. I was the one who had to learn. I was the one who had to run. I was the one who had to graduate. I was the one held responsible. It goes on and on. It is, after all, my dreams.

I have a strong stance against quitting. Whatever I chose to pursue, I plan to finish it and to be the very best at it. I even had a childhood friend who always used to tell me "Shakele, you're good at EVERYTHING." I always took that in stride with everything I did. Of course, I wasn't good at everything, but having that state of confidence, with out over exaggerating and crossing over into cockiness, is what has molded me (and is still molding me) into the individual I am today.

But, in the midst of the pursuit of all your aspirations, what about the days where you just want to throw in the towel and not bother with anything at all? I read a post today about desire and how too much desire with little action can consume your life. This then affects your motivation.

We've all been at a point where we feel like we cannot carry on with our goals. Whether it be a temporary sickness, injury, fatigue, negativity and other conflicting factors. The want to "dig deep" just disappears. Frustration hits, maybe even depression. Soon you find yourself in a rut (I certainly have).

After wallowing in self-pity for weeks, you realize that the very thing that you are trying to accomplish, has kept you going this whole time. That your passion, your love, and your commitment are what keep you going. No one expects how the down times will feel, and when they finally do hit, it's like the end of the world. I'm here to say that it isn't the end of the world. More of a test of the universe (or God, whatever your preference maybe) of how ardently you are willing to get what you want.

Some may call you crazy for what you do. How you could put yourself through so much pain? It's almost masochistc! But it doesn't matter. You do what you want to do, no matter how painful.

Also, you don't have to do it by yourself. Build a support system. Surround yourself with people you love so they're there when you need a helping hand



So if you find yourself wondering, or even complaining about why you aren't succeeding in what you want right now, just relax. Take your time and never lose sight. Know that it will be completely fulfilling in the long run.

This is what keeps me going

No comments:

Post a Comment