Monday, July 20, 2015

Tender-headed

I lay in my bed and stare
At the light dancing around my dark ceiling
It seems like I notice everything nowadays
Feel anything nowadays 

I lock myself away
A prisoner in my own house
Tippy-toeing around this daunting presence

He hands me money and I am ashamed 
My voice box is broken and the anger that fueled me is quelled by confusion 

I look to her with pleading eyes
Save us
Save yourself
Fight for you

Fight for a love that is cocooning 
For a love that licks the tips of your fingers 
And tickles your nose 
For the smell of sunshine on your hair 
Your waist heralded with moon flowers 

Fight 

Want something real for the first time in your life

Something beyond the dizzying of over-proof rum

More than the blundering frustrations that leave his mouth

Fight for something real
For us
For you 

No comments:

Post a Comment