Saturday, June 27, 2015

Night children with wild hearts 

That's all we were

Spirits cupped in our palms
Mated, as we held hands

Everything I felt for you
Never dwarfed by the inconstant
Of our physical 
Lurking mortality

Living in the mundane, with you
Made me forget every letter 
That crafted the word

Life was never boring with you

Never dulled or dimmed
Even as the sky told us everyday

Light caged in your chest.
I looked hard and found 
Pieces 
Of me
Embedded in your flesh
I am bound to you 

And by form and night dances 
Souls akin, connect
You tread through me
My veins tingle
You strum me
I am yours 
Undeniably 

I fight, futile
Intoxicated, I quake
Sickly sweet melodies, you are in my head
I can not shake you
Even if I ran to the ends of the world, 
Our hearts at each pole 
Time would always be gracious enough 
To unite us again 

We are tied 
Not to this earth, soil, or sky
But to each other
We are boundlessly bound
To each other 

No comments:

Post a Comment