Thursday, August 1, 2013

Forgive a Forgetful Me

I may forget that we first met on a Tuesday
But I'll remember the song my heart sang when
It felt
You

I may forget the color of your favorite shirt
But I'll remember the scent of your skin
As it clung to the neatly stitched fabric

I may forget your sister's name
But I'll remember the soft shift of your tone
Whenever you spoke to her
Or spoke to me

I'll never forget the way your fingerprints 
Molded into mine
And how I sometimes
Lose myself 
In you

How your voice imprints my skull
And every thought is a rich melody
Only I can hear
Only I can enjoy


So forgive me when I forget sometimes

I'm too busy remembering the
Crinkles of your smile
Patter of your feet
Curves of your face
Confines of your mind
Rhythm of your breath
Chiming of your heart
The depths of your soul

Forgive me 

No comments:

Post a Comment